Saturday, December 7, 2013

Reflection - EDLD 5397 Week 3


After participating in the weekly web conference, I had a better understanding of APA formatted papers.  I learned that the papers followed rules of citation and reference in order to make it possible and easier for the sources of information to be located.  I have never used this style of formatting and never gave the formatting much thought.  I just thought of it as somewhat of a exhausting way of citing reference, never giving much thought to why I was doing what I was doing.  Having this opportunity to explore APA and some of the reasons behind the the citing guidelines gives clarity to the process and perhaps makes it a little bit easier.  It was also very helpful going over some of the questions together to have the time to ask questions and gain better understanding.  As an educator and future leader I am reminded of the importance of teaching, demonstrating, guided practice and independent practice.  This holds true for adults as well.  As a leader I will work with new teachers who will look to me for that guidance.  While I will most likely not be the one to guide and model, it will be my responsibility to pair new teachers with experienced teachers to provide the necessary support and guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment