Saturday, April 20, 2013

Research - Week Two Reflection

Hmmm. . .what have I learned this week?  I'm not sure there is enough space or time.  To say I learned "a lot" might not seem like a very professional response, but it is an accurate one.  This week I discovered different ways administrators use action research to improve the quality of the environment where teachers work as well as education students receive.  Effective leaders are always looking at problem solving from an action research perspective using the new questions that emerge to guide additional research.   Action research is the cyclical process that spurs change and growth.  Listening to Dr. Kirk Lewis, Superintendent, Pasadena I.S.D.,  I was reminded that action research provides results that are not only practical to one's environment, but participants take a vested interest in it due to its nature and relevance. 

After visiting with my site supervisor, I have decided to conduct action research in the area of indirect mentoring as a behavior intervention.  Results of such research should prove beneficial to both staff and students as well as school climate.  Additional areas of action research could focus on behavior data and parent communication.  I am looking forward to implementing my action research and discovering new information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment